Ontario Security Guard Training (In-class)
Marshal’s Security Guard Training course prepares candidates for a rewarding and challenging career as Security Guards. The role of a Security Guard is tremendously demanding, so it is vital that you receive the best quality training available before you begin your new career. Once you successfully complete our Security Guard training course you will be able to to book your Ministry test and after passing the test, you can apply for a Security Guard Licence.
It is mandatory in Ontario that a Security Guard training course conforming to the Ministry curriculum, be taken prior to being eligible to write the Ministry Security Guard Licencing Test and apply for a Security Guard Licence. It is also mandatory that you have valid Security Guard licence before you start working in the private security industry in Ontario Canada.
One of the Best Training Program in Ontario
We understand that examinations can be daunting but don’t worry! Your experienced instructor will teach you everything you need to know for the examination during the Security Guard training course so you’ll feel confident and well prepared when it’s time to write an exams. Your expert instructor will fully prepare you for success in the tests. Our pass rates are some of the highest in the business – thanks to the highly experienced instructors and the quality of the supervisor training courses.
Marshal Security is the expert when it comes to delivering security training to people in the field of security guarding. We help your employees meet the requirements for security guard training and help them prepare for testing. We can improve chances for success with our comprehensive course curriculum, our expert instruction and our student-focused, interactive learning environment. In order to register, please “Click to register” button…
In-class Training Program
Marshal Security’s security guard training program combines the traditional classroom training with the online web based training. This innovative method reduces the student’s requirement to be present in the class for full 40 hours. Using this method, the student is given training in a traditional classroom environment. However, he/she is required to complete the assignments and quizzes online. Course Instructions
The training program works as below:
- Upon registration, the student is given a user id on Marshal Security’s website. This allows a student to get access to all the study materials on the website right from the day one.
- The student is scheduled for a class and then he/she is given training in a traditional classroom environment. During training, all the important topics of the course are covered and discussed in a class.
- The course assignments and quizzes are given to students as a homework to complete online. The students sends the completed assignments back to the instructor for review and grading.
- At the end of the course, the students takes a a practice test in a class. During this exercise, all the correct and incorrect answers of a practice test are discussed in a class.
- After completion of classroom training, the students are advised to take additional practice tests / mock tests that are available online.
- The practice tests / mock tests not only makes learning easier for a student but they also help them to understand the responsibilities imposed on them by law while working as a security guard. Two important features of these tests are that
- a student can take the test either in practice test mode or a mock test mode. In practice test mode, a student will be able to see the correct and incorrect answers just after answering any question; while in a mock test mode, the correct and incorrect answers will be graded and shown only after the completion of the test.
- every time a student attempts a test, the question order of a test will change randomly. This way, the student gets more learning as he/she will not be able to memorize the question order and the answers.
- In addition to practice tests, the student can also access the class notes and the video lectures, in case he/she wish to revise the course.
- Somewhere during the course, the student will have to complete a requirement of Emergency First Aid & CPR training. This is in-class training, and is offered every week. If you signed up for a course without First Aid & CPR training, you must submit a copy of your valid Emergency First Aid & CPR certificate to Marshal Security. Please make sure that the First Aid & CPR provider is approved by WSIB.
- After the completion of the training, the student will receive a training completion number by email. The student will use this number to book and write a Ministry Exam.
- After passing Ministry Exam, the student is eligible to apply for a Security Guard Licence.
Marshal Security’s website include more training material than any other security training provider in Ontario. The innovative way of combining the classroom education with online study give our students the learning and confidence that is usually not available at other places. And that is the reason that our pass rate is some of the highest in the business. Here is a list of the study materials that comes together with your registration to the course:
- Ontario Security Guard Training Manual (212 pages) [Download Sample]
- On-line video lectures
- PSISA Laws and Other Regulations (72 pages) [Download Sample]
- Multiple Choice Questions Manual (156 questions) [Download Sample]
- Emergency First Aid and CPR (42 pages) [Download Sample]
- Class Notes with PowerPoint slides (pdf viewer) [Download Sample]
- On-line Practice Tests / Mock Tests (510 MCQs, over 95% unique questions)
- On-line Concept Test (98 questions)
- Additional two FREE Practice Tests (120 questions – open to everyone)
- Student support services, including access to instructors by email or phone for the duration of the course
Note: At the end of the course (one week after the registration), the student will be provided a Training Completion Number through which they can register at Serco DES Inc. website for a Security Guard Licence exam (the exam fee is $66.5 + HST). Once a student pass the test, he/she may apply for a Security Guard licence at the Ministry’s website. At the end of the course, the student will also be provided a Training Completion Certificate.
You can complete your program in as little as 5 days.
Get started today toward a new and exciting money-making career in Security.
- The tuition fees for the Marshal Security Guard in-class training course is $249.99 + HST. This includes First Aid and CPR training.
- The tuition fees of the Marshal Security Guard in-class training course without First Aid/CPR is $199.99 + HST.
- The training course is also available on-line, without First Aid/CPR, for a fees of $139.99 + HST.
- The fees for a First Aid/CPR training, separately is $74.99 + HST and it is available only in-class.
- Marshal Security conducts the Emergency First Aid & CPR classes at their offices located in Mississauga and Toronto. Usually the class are held on Thursday or Saturday morning. However the schedule may change depending on the requirement. The fees must be paid prior to the course date.
- The First Aid & CPR training is mandatory. In order to complete a Security Guard Training, the student must either complete this training at Marshal Security’s office, or provide a valid certificate from a WSIB approved training provider.
The following topics are covered by subject matter experts:
- Section 1: Introduction to the Security Industry
- Section 2: Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Code of Conduct
- Section 3: Basic Security Procedures
- Section 4: Report Writing
- Section 5: Health and Safety
- Section 6: Emergency Response Preparation
- Section 7: Canadian Legal System
- Section 8: Legal Authorities
- Section 9: Effective Communications
- Section 10: Sensitivity Training
- Section 11: Use of Force Theory
- Section 12: Emergency Level First Aid
Duration: 40 Hours – during week days
Frequently Asked Questions
Online training is a learning method which allows our students to study their course material at their own pace without the need to attend a classroom. The video lectures for all the sections of the course are available online and a student can view these lectures on their own pace at any any time during 90 days duration.
Marshal Security offers the mandatory 40 Hour Security Guard program in an easy to read and easy to follow format. Student support is offered online and there is no need to travel or take time off work to complete this program.
Yes, in fact it has been proven to be more effective in some cases. Although you are not physically in a brick-and-mortar classroom, you train in an “online” classroom. The advantage is that you complete it at your own pace, when you have time. You watch video lectures and take practice tests while still working full-time/part-time. You can watch video lectures and retake practice tests as many time as you like. Moreover, you avoid traffic congestion, commute delays and following strict class timings.
Yes. Our study material and video lectures conforms with legal and industry requirements. For the Security Guard Basic Training it must be Instructor-lead Web-based training.
Anyone wishing to start a career in the field of security or anyone wishing to pursue a career in policing or corrections can en-roll in our course as the initial steps to their career plans.
The Ministry has engaged the services of Serco DES Inc. to administer testing. For further information about test delivery and how to register please visit Serco’s website at https://www.ontariosecuritytesting.ca
The required test will be a 60-question, 75-minute, paper-based, multiple-choice test. Individuals will have to register for the test and pay a $75 (including tax). There is no limit (individuals must pay $75 each time) to the number of times a person can rewrite the test.
The Security Program is designed to take 40 hours to complete, however we allow students a period of 120 Days to complete their studies and prepare for their Security Guard Licence.