Ontario Security Guard Training (In-class)
Marshal’s Security Guard Training course prepares candidates for a rewarding and challenging career as Security Guards. The role of a Security Guard is tremendously demanding, so it is vital that you receive the best quality training available before you begin your new career. Once you successfully complete our Security Guard training course you will be able to to book your Ministry test and after passing the test, you can apply for a Security Guard Licence.
It is mandatory in Ontario that a Security Guard training course conforming to the Ministry curriculum, be taken prior to being eligible to write the Ministry Security Guard Licencing Test and apply for a Security Guard Licence. It is also mandatory that you have valid Security Guard licence before you start working in the private security industry in Ontario Canada.
One of the Best Training Program in Ontario
We understand that examinations can be daunting but don’t worry! Your experienced instructor will teach you everything you need to know for the examination during the Security Guard training course so you’ll feel confident and well prepared when it’s time to write an exams. Your expert instructor will fully prepare you for success in the tests. Our pass rates are some of the highest in the business – thanks to the highly experienced instructors and the quality of the supervisor training courses.
Marshal Security is the expert when it comes to delivering security training to people in the field of security guarding. We help your employees meet the requirements for security guard training and help them prepare for testing. We can improve chances for success with our comprehensive course curriculum, our expert instruction and our student-focused, interactive learning environment. In order to register, please “Click to register” button…
In-class Training Program
Marshal Security’s security guard training program combines the traditional classroom training with the online web based training. This innovative method reduces the student’s requirement to be present in the class for full 40 hours. Using this method, the student is given training in a traditional classroom environment. However, he/she is required to complete the assignments and quizzes online. Course Instructions
The training program works as below:
- Upon registration, the student is given a user id on Marshal Security’s website. This allows a student to get access to all the study materials on the website right from the day one.
- The student is scheduled for a class and then he/she is given training in a traditional classroom environment. During training, all the important topics of the course are covered and discussed in a class.
- The course assignments and quizzes are given to students as a homework to complete online. The students sends the completed assignments back to the instructor for review and grading.
- At the end of the course, the students takes a a practice test in a class. During this exercise, all the correct and incorrect answers of a practice test are discussed in a class.
- After completion of classroom training, the students are advised to take additional practice tests / mock tests that are available online.
- The practice tests / mock tests not only makes learning easier for a student but they also help them to understand the responsibilities imposed on them by law while working as a security guard. Two important features of these tests are that
- a student can take the test either in practice test mode or a mock test mode. In practice test mode, a student will be able to see the correct and incorrect answers just after answering any question; while in a mock test mode, the correct and incorrect answers will be graded and shown only after the completion of the test.
- every time a student attempts a test, the question order of a test will change randomly. This way, the student gets more learning as he/she will not be able to memorize the question order and the answers.
- In addition to practice tests, the student can also access the class notes and the video lectures, in case he/she wish to revise the course.
- After the completion of the training, the student will receive a training completion number by email. The student will use this number to book and write a Ministry Exam.
- After passing Ministry Exam, the student is eligible to apply for a Security Guard Licence.
Marshal Security’s website include more training material than any other security training provider in Ontario. The innovative way of combining the classroom education with online study give our students the learning and confidence that is usually not available at other places. And that is the reason that our pass rate is some of the highest in the business. Here is a list of the study materials that comes together with your registration to the course:
- Ontario Security Guard Training Manual (212 pages) [Download Sample]
- On-line video lectures
- PSISA Laws and Other Regulations (72 pages) [Download Sample]
- Multiple Choice Questions Manual (156 questions) [Download Sample]
- Emergency First Aid and CPR (42 pages) [Download Sample]
- Class Notes with PowerPoint slides (pdf viewer) [Download Sample]
- On-line Practice Tests / Mock Tests (510 MCQs, over 95% unique questions)
- On-line Concept Test (98 questions)
- Additional two FREE Practice Tests (120 questions – open to everyone)
- Student support services, including access to instructors by email or phone for the duration of the course
Note: At the end of the course (one week after the registration), the student will be provided a Training Completion Number through which they can register at Serco DES Inc. website for a Security Guard Licence exam (the exam fee is $66.5 + HST). Once a student pass the test, he/she may apply for a Security Guard licence at the Ministry’s website. At the end of the course, the student will also be provided a Training Completion Certificate.
You can complete your program in as little as 5 days.
Get started today toward a new and exciting money-making career in Security.
- The tuition fees for the Marshal Security Guard in-class training course is $249.99 + HST. This includes First Aid and CPR training.
- The tuition fees of the Marshal Security Guard in-class training course without First Aid/CPR is $199.99 + HST.
- The training course is also available on-line, without First Aid/CPR, for a fees of $139.99 + HST.
- The fees for a First Aid/CPR training, separately is $69.99 + HST and it is available only in-class.
- Marshal Security conducts the First Aid & CPR classes at their office located at 1245 Danforth Ave. Usually the class is held every Thursday morning. However the schedule may change depending on the requirement. The fees must be paid prior to the course date.
- The First Aid & CPR training is mandatory. In order to complete a Security Guard Training, the student must either complete this training at Marshal Security’s office, or provide a valid certificate from a WSIB approved training provider.
The following topics are covered by subject matter experts:
- Section 1: Introduction to the Security Industry
- Section 2: Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Code of Conduct
- Section 3: Basic Security Procedures
- Section 4: Report Writing
- Section 5: Health and Safety
- Section 6: Emergency Response Preparation
- Section 7: Canadian Legal System
- Section 8: Legal Authorities
- Section 9: Effective Communications
- Section 10: Sensitivity Training
- Section 11: Use of Force Theory
- Section 12: Emergency Level First Aid
Duration: 40 Hours – during week days
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of students can enroll in Marshal Security’s Security Guard training?
Anyone wishing to start a career in the field of security or anyone wishing to pursue a career in policing or corrections can enroll in our course as the initial steps to their career plans.
What are the minimum requirements to hold a security guard licence?
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Be eligible to work in Canada; and
- Have no convictions for a prescribed offence for which you have not been granted a pardon.
Does Marshal Security administer the test?
The Ministry has engaged the services of Serco DES Inc. to administer testing. For further information about test delivery and how to register please visit Serco’s website at www.ontariosecuritytesting.ca/
How will students be tested?
The required test will be a 60-question, 75-minute, paper-based, multiple-choice test. Individuals will have to register for the test and pay a $60 + tax. There is no limit (individuals must pay $60 each time) to the number of times a person can rewrite the test.
How difficult is the ministry test?
The ministry test is designed to test your knowledge of the ministry mandated curriculum. For some of you, this will mean that you will need to brush up your knowledge in some areas that you have never trained in before.
For new applicants, it will mean that you will need effective training that meets the ministry regulation requirements. A majority of applicants pass on the first attempt. The Marshal Security is an approved and licensed Security agency under the Ministry of Community Safety and Corrections in Ontario. Our Security Guard training course meets the ministry requirements that you need in order to pass the exam and get a security guard license. We provide full help to our online students and work closely with them to ensure that they pass the Ministry exam.
If for some reason, student is unlucky in passing the exam in first attempt, we offer them to retake our course at no cost.
How long do I have to complete the Security Program?
The Security Program is designed to take 40 hours to complete, however we provide our students 90 days access to training materials at our website to complete their studies and prepare for their Security Guard Licence. The training materials include training and reference guides, video lectures and online practice tests.