The Red Cross Emergency First Aid & CPR course offers lifesaving first aid skills, and covers Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and rescue breathing techniques for adults, children, and infants. The course meets legislation requirements for security professionals under Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005. The course offers skills for individuals needing training for working as a Security Guard or for those interested in having first aid skills so they can respond to emergencies at home.
This one day course covers skills needed to recognize, prevent, and respond to circulation emergencies for adults, childs and infants (CPR levels A, C and HCP). Other topics include airway and breathing emergencies, as well as the prevention of disease transmission.
- 7 hours duration
- Taught by a Red Cross instructor
- Training is held on alternate weeks in Toronto & Mississauga. It can also be arranged at your location
- Training can be arranged for a group of 5 or more people at your preferred day and time
- Preparing to respond
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Check, Call, Care
- HAINES. recovery position
- Secondary survey
- Choking (conscious)
- Choking (unconscious)
- CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) – Adult, child and infant
- Five rights of medication
- Hyperventilation & Asthma
- Respiratory arrest
- Heart attack & angina
- Stroke & TIA
- Cardiac arrest
- AED (Automatic External Defillibrator)
- Bleeding (external & internal)
- 3-year Emergency First Aid with CPR Level C Certification
- First Aid & CPR e-book (pdf)
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the in-class First Aid & CPR training has been ceased until further notice.
The participants interested in getting a First Aid & CPR certificate have an option to complete the First Aid and CPR online component. After component of online component, a confirmation of completion certificate will be issued which is good for 90 days, and it can also be verified by their employer. Participants will be required to compete the in-person hands-on-practice within 90 days of completing the online component, after which they will be issued a 3-year certification.
Please send us an email to register for First Aid and CPR Online Component. Please note that once registered, you must complete FA/CPR online component; you can not switch back to FA/CPR in-class training.